The official release of these stable apps means we are no longer allowing the use of private keys, keystore files, or mnemonic phrases on the website. Read on…
The MyCrypto Desktop App has officially launched!
- Now with Ledger and TREZOR Support.
- Has undergone full security audit by Cure53.
- Always verify authenticity of the MyCrypto Desktop App.
- Always download from download.mycrypto.com.
You can no longer use your private key, mnemonic phrase, or keystore file on MyCrypto.com.
- Why? Because it’s safer & more secure.
- You can still use your Ledger or TREZOR hardware wallet on the web.
- You can still use your MetaMask on the web.
- You can still use your Parity Signer on the web.
- Or you can use the Desktop Applications for accessing your raw private keys, mnemonic phrases, and keystore files.
Over time we’ve gotten lots of requests for a dark theme. With this release, we’re happy to deliver that! Officially, we’re calling it Moon Mode… because why not?
MyCrypto 1.2.0 Release Notes
- There is a new “Create New Wallet” flow. You’ll now see three options that direct you to get a Hardware Wallet, install MetaMask, or install the Parity Signer.
- The Private Key, Mnemonic, and Keystore buttons will remain on the home page, but clicking them will lead you to a “This wallet is disabled online” page that directs you to download the MyCrypto Desktop App.
- Moon Mode now available (click the toggle on the bottom of the site)
MyCrypto Desktop App:
MyCrypto 1.2.0 has a LOT more updates than what we’ve shown above, including bug fixes, gas fixes, updated translations, and enabling Monero swap.
Private Key Deprecation Recap
Disabling the use of private keys, mnemonics, and keystores on the MyCrypto.com was not an easy decision, but it was a decision that made sense for us, for you, and for the ecosystem as a whole. Thus, you can no longer enter a private key, mnemonic phrase, or keystore file on MyCrypto.com.
The main reason for this change is due to the inherent insecurity of entering secrets into the browser. With our full release of MyCrypto Desktop, you can continue to use your private keys, mnemonics, and keystore files safely and securely on your desktop!
You can read more about our decisions here: A Safer MyCrypto.
We‘ve done our utmost to make this transition as quick and painless as possible. Should you have any questions or concerns about accessing the MyCrypto interface with your private key, keystore file, or mnemonic phrase, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Report Issues / Bugs / Unintuitive Things
Get Help & Give Us Feedback
- Translations! If you speak another language, we could use your help translating the UI so we can once again be truly global.
Talk To Us & Share Your Thoughts
A note: Your support enables MyCrypto to continue developing non-custodial, user-friendly cryptocurrency management solutions as a public good. We love helping the community stay safe and informed through efforts such as CryptoScamDB and free educational articles, and are happy to walk you through solving any problems we can help with even if you are asking for help with something that isn’t directly related to MyCrypto. We are currently a small team with limited resources, and we don’t charge for most features on the MyCrypto apps. Please consider making a donation or purchasing a MyCrypto Membership, which will come with more exclusive features and perks as we scale. Your contributions help us continue to help you and the rest of the crypto community.