The Ethereum Alarm Clock from ChronoLogic is live!
Starting now, you can schedule Ethereum transactions on the mainnet.
Why would you want to schedule a transaction? Well, there are many reasons:
- Maybe you want to get into that latest hot ICO but you’ll be away from your computer
- Maybe you want an ENS domain name and don’t want to miss the reveal period
- Maybe you need to pay at a certain time for a subscription
- Maybe you want to send yourself a reminder in the future (though there are probably better options for this)
- and much more!
How do I use it?
We have a dedicated help article which will tell you everything about this functionality. Continue reading: How To Schedule Transactions On MyCrypto.com.
Can I cancel and get my funds back?
- Go to ChronoLogic Dapp and find your transaction. You can use the search box for that.
- Click your transaction and open the “details” view.
- Select transaction owner Ethereum account in MetaMask.
Now you should be able to click the “Cancel” button and get your funds back.
Click the button, you will see MetaMask send a transaction confirmation pop-up. It will send “cancel” transaction and you’ll retrieve your funds as soon as the transaction is processed by the network.
Earn ETH by executing transactions
As a part of decentralization, anyone with some Ether can act as a transaction executor agent — also known as a TimeNode. TimeNodes get rewarded an ETH bounty for executing transactions. It’s up for grabs. You just need to be first to claim and execute the transaction while running the TimeNode. It’s an automated process, which doesn’t require a lot of configuration.
To start acting as a TimeNode there are two basic steps:
- Open a browser tab in Chrome on your desktop or mobile phone and earn Ethereum — go to the TimeNode tab in ChronoLogic’s Dapp
- Import your Ethereum wallet with some funds to get you started.
Further reading: This is a comprehensive tutorial on how to be a TimeNode.
Is it secure?
Scheduling and execution is secured by using smart-contracts. 🔒 The code of those smart-contracts is secured by automated test suites — they confirm the correctness of mathematical calculations as well as assure that the scheduled transaction life-cycle works properly. Additionally, the code for the Ethereum Alarm Clock has passed an audit.
Check out the following video to learn what Ethereum leaders think of how scheduling can revolutionize the ecosystem:
Talk To Us & Share Your Thoughts
A note: Your support enables MyCrypto to continue developing non-custodial, user-friendly cryptocurrency management solutions as a public good. We love helping the community stay safe and informed through efforts such as CryptoScamDB and free educational articles, and are happy to walk you through solving any problems we can help with even if you are asking for help with something that isn’t directly related to MyCrypto. We are currently a small team with limited resources, and we don’t charge for most features on the MyCrypto apps. Please consider making a donation or purchasing a MyCrypto Membership, which will come with more exclusive features and perks as we scale. Your contributions help us continue to help you and the rest of the crypto community.